Welcome to my running Author PSA to remind myself what’s going on this month, and drag you along for the ride:
- Interviews, essays, book club signings, and filmed appearances (including one for World Literature Today and the Digital Frankfurt Book Fair) that I’ll link as I find,
- CYBILS SEASON! Nominations your fave children’s and young adult books until October 15th: NOMINATE NOW!
- 10/6-11/30: SCBWI Bookstop goes live!
- 10/6 9:30-10:45 AM PST: CALIBA (California Independent Bookstore Alliance) Children’s Lit Virtual Speed Date,
- 10/19 5-6:30 PM CDT: NSK Neustadt Prize Jury reading & book giveaway
- 11/3: SERENA SAYS BOOK BIRTHDAY!
FYI: the naani poetry form was created by Indian poet and retired professor Dr. N Gopi. Naani is a short form, like haiku or senryu, with a set line- and syllable-count: 4-lines with 20 syllables total. Unlike haiku, naani poems are typically written about people, or on the human condition.