* 1 pound white or 15 closed cap crimini mushrooms, wiped clean
2. Next, line a pan with foil or parchment paper. Lightly spritz it with olive oil.
3. Adding your ingredients a little at a time, pulse mushrooms, bread, cheese and spices in a food processor.
4. When all ingredients are chopped into almost a purée, simply use your hands to create twenty medium sized portions. Form them carefully into balls. They'll be crumbly and chunky, so just sort of pat them and leave them alone.
5. Once they're on the pan, you can spritz them with olive oil again if you fear they're too dry.
6. Bake for thirty minutes and enjoy.
You *can* deep fry these meatballs, but baking them gives them a nice crust
and uses less fat! The meatballs will never be super-solid, but once they
cool a little, they can be easily moved, and they're VERY good.
Still hungry? Check out these other recipes!Learn more about Julia Child, one of Lainey's idols!